Credits

  • Amanda Hamlin
  • Princess Biznotch
  • Priaine G Letrime
  • RAZ-PRO

Friday, November 17, 2017

MC PLATTER - Pete Rock, A Little Soul

MC PLATTER

Pete Rock - A Little Soul

its something in the bass,its emcess i can taste. 

When it drops I never stop 

I feel that musical embrace 

My days belong to rappers that are dope and rhyme with grace 

While too many suckas chase the flow but cannot keep the pace... 

its something in the bass,its emcees i can taste 

don't knock i wanna bump cause this hip-hop takes the trump my days belong to rappers with the skills and not the stunts

Command respect and give it, raps a universal art form

The worlds got rappers scattered tearing microphones apart (yo) With lyrics deep and clever emcees get requested faster, 

But for now I'm scooping all the master rappers on a platter, 

I feast on rappers like I'm famished blasting tracks together, The melodies and beats I eat are so sick a disaster , I need it faster 

All these rhymes are mine to keep  Although I sit alone I feel these lyrics touch me deep

its something in the bass,its emcees i can taste. 

When it drops I never stop 

I feel that musical embrace 

My days are made of hip-hop - no matter what the case

From the funky jazz tracks to the stack of golden classics, rap 

turntable bliss,brutal rappers can you get with this?

A lil' gangsta stylin',   some underground wylin',  smiling from these conscious rappers energy supplyin.

The wack mcs stay at the door,  the major labels i deplore

This independent sound I found I certainly adore, 

Like i said before i take the sounds by the pound,

 I pour the emcees through my ears and gargle rhymes around, 

I get fresher every session bit my tongue but now I spit it 

And these days most the tiime I dream in rap i must admit it

its something in the bass,its emcees i can taste. 

When it drops I never stop I feel that musical embrace 

My days belong to rappers that are dope and rhyme with grace 

While too many suckas chase the flow but cannot keep the pace... 

its something in the bass,its emcees i can taste.

don't knock i wanna bump cause this hip-hop takes the trump my days belong to rappers who are dope and never front

My mind's made up of hip hop, 

at night its all I know 

As soon as I get home my speakers lure me to the zone

 Its time to greet the beat, release the mcs if I dare

 I flip upon the tronics let the music fill the air 

As waves invade the space the state of being escalates Mentally I can relate and levitate beyond the hate 

My bodys diggin tappin toes my head is nodding dont you know

The beat is hella phat i can feel it in my bones

You can try to bomb me

analyse me cant define me

my minds divine heavenly entwined like with Ghandis

its gonna take more than an astrologist

to knowledge this

even a biologist cant even get with this exotic-ness

Cats at my front door, monkey on my back

Ill blacken up your foot stick u knee deep in the soot

cause i do it like a queen get u stuck like a rook

your name (break) not worthy of the books

ive seen tighter rappers on a candy bar, crook

my mind is made of hip hop the rest of it they took

Places that erase the best expressions on our faces

from the underground come the styles (break) that i chase

i say welcome to the earth meet a creature from space

Probing people asking what they think love is worth

Cause I think we all like cousins... and this is all family turf

Just don't be alarmed if i don't give a darn

i try to pay attention but you seem to lack the charm

creatures leak from speakers, makin up electrical features

reaching for a crew supreme that you never can defeat

Kick it to the opposition keep em obsolete

I represent all people cause a yoke connecting we

helpin' out the folks hoppin' to the hokey pokey

when the heads come together we keep it okey dokey (and low key)

its something in the bass,its emcees i can taste. 

When it drops I never stop I feel that musical embrace 

My days belong to rappers that are dope and rhyme with grace 

While too many suckas chase the flow but cannot keep the pace... 

its something in the bass,its emcees i can taste.

don't knock i wanna bump cause this hip-hop takes the trump my days belong to rappers who are dope and never front