Credits

  • Amanda Hamlin
  • Princess Biznotch
  • Priaine G Letrime
  • RAZ-PRO

Monday, September 16, 2024

Windfall

 Dreaming of a windfall 

Just like my neighbor Linda

A constant shopping hoarder

With more shit than a thrift store

Double pension, cash galore 

Social security and more

She spends so much it sure disgusts 

Someone like me whose poor

But I wanna brand new whip

I wanna brand new house

I want a comma or 2, 3 or 4 in my bank account

I got green eyes for dollar signs

But I still would rather browse 

Than buy more shit than space allows 

Keep it simple that's my jingle but no choice for me I'm crippled but no cash saved up I'm last in line for savings or bitcoin, smart portfolios I'm lacking basic knowledge of the math I can't count to 5 before my paycheck depletes into the black  i'm underground in debt, overdrawn a real threat, I'm worried that my income ain't enough  to keep me fed