Credits

  • Amanda Hamlin
  • Princess Biznotch
  • Priaine G Letrime
  • RAZ-PRO

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

TRESSES OF TREY

TRESSES OF TRAYVON
You see me in my hood,
but thats only cause my hair ain't dry yet,
still got another hour till this thang can come alive,
my mane is getting done but under a hood its hidden,
Cause these silky strans just need love and weather protection,
it takes finesse to get my messy mop of frizz snarl free and a lot of time to tame my do of ringlet wannabes,
 if you wonder what lurks its my beast getting worked,
but I was fixing for a cigarillo so I grabbed my purse,
 took a stroll to the corner store,
what up to the clerk, at first he thought the worst, n had to take a second look,
 like I was maybe gonna rob him but I was 
working on my bob
He  didnt know about the half done job under the cloth,
 little did he know I was primping just before,
Wasn't trying to run into anybody that I know,
I mean  I'm surely super fresh but I was dressed in ugly sweats,
My tangled head prevented me from presenting all my best,
But on my way home, well, little did I know,
About the man who sat in the window,
 between blinds spying on me,
But I'm as innocent and as infant,
As he gripped his glock,
My happy ass just kept walking down the sidewalk 
Cause you see me walking by and instantly I'm outta line cause its night time the moon is up and I be out so I guess I must be getting into something cuz nobody else be up for nothing at this time a night the only Stirring up be troubling
you're wondering what kinda laws that i'm defying and my long leg strides tell you I'm running from a crime, 
so what u some street team justice league master
neighborhood watch leader ? crime stoppin' thug blaster?
All-seeing cross-guard n' side-walk referee
Armchair window peeper, after hour peace keeper?
On the lookout for hoodlums in hoods who be up to no good,
On the watchout for thugs in Lugs who be out for blood
Got a keen eye on crooks and kids crossing through your yard 
Your fully loaded glock tightly gripped between your arms
Imagination's running wild when you see me, just a teen
Already got a lawyer to protect you from police
you see me walkin by, instantly im outta line
its nighttime the moon is up im out so i must
 be getting into something
cause nobody else be up for nothin
at this time of night the only thing stirring up be troubling
you're wondering, what s kinda law i be defying,
my long legs' strides tell you im running from a crime 
I've got my hoodie on and up so i'm terrifyin' ya
you're dreading what be in my pocket as your finger slides....
Zimmerman, and his racist sentiment,
Couldn't tell a homebound brown skinned kid from a criminal convict.
Cause what I was teaching for, was just a comb, you deplorable murderer - I never made it home.